Katy Rice Harvest Festival
Entries Due Thursday, September 26, 2012
Reception - October 3, 2012
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM - Country Park Portraits – 555 Park Grove Lane
Photography contest is open to Amateur Photographers only.
Open to all ages
One entry per person per category.
Prizes: 1st = $75 2nd = $50
- What Is Katy To You?
- Digital Manipulation
- Children's Division (age 10 and under)
CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY FORM
- The entry must have been captured or created by the entrant.
- The entrants name shall not appear anywhere on the front of the entry.
- A maximum of one entry per person per category will be accepted.
- Entries previously receiving an award will not be accepted.
- Entries must have been created within the past 365 days.
- All entries must have a title.
- Each entry must specify which is the top side of photo.
- All entries must have the photographer’s name, address, phone number, category and title on the back.
- Entries must be permanently mounted on standard 11x14 mount board material. Submissions will be rejected if the mounting criteria is not followed.
- Images of any shape and size are allowed as long as they fit on the 11x14 mount board.
Judging will be done by a qualified panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
Photos will be judged on the following:
Impact - Impact is the sense one gets upon viewing an image for the first time. Compelling images evoke laughter, sadness, anger, pride, wonder or another intense emotion.
Creativity - Creativity is the external expression of the imagination of the maker by using the medium to convey an idea, message or thought.
Composition - Composition is important to the design of an image, bringing all the visual elements together in concert to express the purpose of the image. Proper composition holds the viewer in the image and prompts the viewer to look where the creator intends. Effective composition can be pleasing or disturbing, depending on the intent of the image maker.
Print Presentation - Print presentation affects and image by giving it a finished look. The mats and borders used should support and enhance the image, not distract from it.
Subject Matter - Subject matter should always be appropriate to the story being told in an image.
Winners will be announced at a Reception held at Country Park Portraits, 555 Park Grove Lane, Katy, TX 77450, from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM on Tuesday, September 25, 2012. Ribbons will be placed on the winning entries.
Photos will be on display at Country Park Portraits, 555 Park Grove Lane, Katy, TX 77450, from October 3 thru October 24, 2012. Since we expect a large number of entries this year we will display up to the top ten (10) entries in each category.
There will be a 1st place and 2nd place award for each category with 2 Honorable Mention Ribbons for each category. There will also be an award for the Best of Show.
All entries must be received no later than 3:00 PM, Thursday, September 26, 2012. All entries should be submitted to: Katy Area Chamber of Commerce, 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd Ste B206 (in LaCenterra), Katy, TX 77494, (281-391-5289).
Entries may be picked up by the contestant after October 25, 2012. Entries not picked up by November 9, 2012 will be discarded.
The Katy Area Chamber of Commerce, the Katy Rice Harvest Festival nor any of Its representatives, will be responsible for damage during transit or exhibition or for loss of such photography.
CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY FORM