Vendor (Lessee) hereby agrees to lease from the Katy Area Chamber of Commerce, through its authorized committee, the Katy Rice Harvest Festival Committee (Lessor), booth space(s) at the Katy Rice Harvest Festival. All booth locations are subject to change.
Post-dated checks will not be accepted. Returned checks and dishonored credit card payments will result in the immediate forfeiture of the vendor’s booth.
The Vendor (Lessee):
LESSEE SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE KATY AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, THE CITY OF KATY, AND THE RICE HARVEST FESTIVAL COMMITTEE, SPONSORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE GUESTS, AGENTS, SERVANTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, ASSERTIONS OF LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, WHICH IN ANY MANNER MAY ARISE OR BE ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN OR RESULTED OR ALLEGED TO HAVE RESULTED FROM THE PRESENCE, ACTIVITIES, EVENTS AND OMISSIONS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER OF LESSEE, THEIR AGENTS, SERVANTS, EMPLOYEES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE GUESTS AND INVITEES, IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND OCCUPANCY OF THE LESSEE’S BOOTH AND BOOTH AREA INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM OR CLAIMS FOR BODILY INJURY OR DEATH OF ANY PERSONS AND FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, AND FURTHER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM OR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF THE PRESENCE, SERVING OR USE OF ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AT THE RICE HARVEST FESTIVAL.
Vendor agrees to the following:
- Will keep the booth(s) open, manned, and maintained in a clean and professional manner during the Katy Rice Harvest Festival hours of 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM Saturday and Noon to 6:00 PM Sunday. On Saturday evening, vendors can stay open past 7:00 PM. Booth set up begins at 6:30 PM Friday and 6:30 AM. Saturday. Booths may not be dismantled before 6:00 PM on Sunday. Any Vendor failing to keep his/her booth open, manned, and maintained in a clean and professional manner during the entire event and/or removing his/her booth from said event prematurely without the permission of the Katy Area Chamber of Commerce will forfeit his/her right to occupy a vendor booth space at the 2014 Katy Rice Harvest Festival. Please remember that vehicles cannot be used to dismantle booths Saturday night or to set up booths Sunday morning. This is a safety and liability issue and will be strictly enforced.
- Will have all vehicles out of the Katy Rice Harvest Festival Area by 8:30 AM Saturday, October 12th. NO VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED IN THE KATY RICE HARVEST FESTIVAL AREA AFTER 8:30 AM SATURDAY AND BEFORE 6:30 PM SUNDAY. VEHICLES ARE SUBJECT TO TOWING AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE AND THE VENDOR BOOTH MAY BE REMOVED. The downtown streets within the Festival will be blocked from 6:00 PM Friday, October 11th, 2013 through Sunday, October 13th, 2013. All Vendors must follow the guidelines provided in their confirmation package for entrance to the Festival to unload and load their booth. Vendors must unload their vehicles and immediately move their vehicles to the offsite parking to enable other vendors access to their Vendor Booths. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- Will wait until a Katy Rice Harvest Festival official approves re-entry after 6:30 PM Sunday evening. At this time, vehicles may enter the Katy Rice Harvest Festival Area.
- Will keep and leave the leased booth space(s) clean and clear of refuse by placing trash in appropriate receptacles.
- Will remain in the assigned booth space and not move fences or any other barriers that have been placed to contain the Katy Rice Harvest Festival Area. Will not conduct any business from the festival aisles.
- Will provide any tables, chairs, loading equipment, display material, protective covering, sanitation supplies, etc. that are needed by vendor.
- Will assume complete liability for occurrences within or around the booth(s) and will provide any insurance coverage required by Lessor.
- Will post Certificates of Registration in the booth and follow the requirements outlined in the Vendor Application and Contract.
- Food Vendors will operate all food booths in conformance with all applicable Harris County Department of Health regulations. All booths must be maintained in a clean and professional manner.
- Will wear official vendor wristband in order to be admitted to the Katy Rice Harvest Festival without charge. Failure to wear appropriate official vendor wristband will result in the vendor being charged a gate admission fee.
- Will abide by all of the rules of the Katy Rice Harvest Festival including, but not limited to, those referring to vehicular traffic and items that may be sold.
The undersigned lessor (Katy Area Chamber of Commerce):
- Will furnish a space for lessee’s use as a booth.
- Will assume no responsibility for Workman’s Compensation, FICA, or other withholding taxes for any and all employees or agents that work in the booths and shall not be responsible for sales tax.
- Reserves the right to approve for each booth the items offered for sale, distribution, or display in order to avoid excessive duplication. No booths will be leased for garage sale type merchandise.
- Reserves the right to locate exhibitors for the maximum benefit of the Katy Rice Harvest Festival
Committee and its visitors.
- Will assume no responsibility for items left at the Katy Rice Harvest Festival site.
- Will provide no parking for trailers or RVs.
- Will provide a maximum of six vendor badges or wristbands per vendor. Additional festival wristbands must be purchased from the Chamber. Vendor booth staff and volunteers do not receive complimentary admission. Additional vendor wristbands may be purchased for half price ($4.00) prior to 5:00 PM on October 9, 2013.
Vendors must agree to the guidelines and conditions above. In addition, Vendors declare that the information above is true and complete. Vendors understand that all contracts and applications must be completed, signed, and paid for in full before being accepted by the Katy Rice Harvest Festival Committee. Vendors further understand that this application and contract will not be considered to be valid until all information has been provided, payment received in full, fully executed contract and Lessee notified of acceptance.